- screen turn 90°, 180°, 270°
- profiles «Day»/«Night» (profile includes text type adjustment:
Size, bold, evening-out, colour of: background, text and status line) – up to
- reading HTML, RTF, FB2, DOC, DOCX, ODT, SXW, ABW, ZABW, RB,
TCR – support of text styles, pictures, references, content. (DOC format’s
without pictures so far)
- CHM reading – experimental support
- TXT, PDB/PRC (PalmDOC, zTXT mode 1) reading – text only
- ZIP and GZ archives reading
- RAR archives reading (you need unrar.dll, that is at present
exists for Win2000, WinXP, Vista only)
- free code choice
- correct word division for 23 languages (TeX patterns)
- normal full screen mode (without upper line)
- status line (time, battery, percentage of the text read,
number of pages etc.). Status line vision is adjusted separately for full screen
and general modes
- ruler in text (down, right or in status line).
Vision is adjusted separately for every for full screen and normal modes
- battery charge representation at the text ruler
- joystick buttons are reconstructed with screen turn
- line and symbol spacing adjustment
- width alignment
- list of last open books
- screen type evening-up – cleartype
- two types of autoscrolling (wave and smooth)
- bookmarks with navigation
- global bookmarks with navigation
- hardware bottoms, strokes adjustment
- any text line search without taking into account the number of
gaps and line feeds + usage of symbols in symbol search line is interpreted as
an arbitrary symbol. The search is register non-sensible
- text shifting (percent and pages)
- quotation savings
- read file saving like TXT, PDB,TML
- screen illumination can be left on
- work with Dict, Lingvo, Slovoed
The program for reading is simple and at the same time powerful and
functional. The creator is sure nobody needs a monster – functionality is in
demand. And here he is a success! In spite of the achieved the program is in
constant upgrade – AlReader is elaborated and gains new abilities. And even now
we can say non of the existing programs can be compared to it.
1. The file with rules of line folding accompanies the program. It is
there where we choose the rules or can do without line folding at all.
2. Evening – line evening to the screen bounds.
3. Keep the illumination – it is not comfortable to on illumination
constantly while reading, is it? This option keeps illumination on all the time.
Bottoms and taps
Very easy – here you can fix any bottom of your pocket PC or smartphone to
any possible action of ALReader. For example scrolling on/off, screen turn or
merely text navigation – forward/back.
If you don’t like the text up to the screen edges – intent it in the very
Colour adjustments for current profile. Colours can be changed in RGB palette.
Text / background / status line / clock under the text / titles – these all can
Type adjustment for current profile. Bold type, evening-up, type size,
line-to-line spacing as well as relative change of symbol width can be switched
on. And surely you can change the type here.
If you didn’t have a certain text file open press the icon at the left
bottom, than choose in the menu opened option «Open».
Then in the list of files choose the document you
need and press the note «Open». It should be mentioned that AlReader2 is capable
of opening archived files thus greatly saving memory.
After the file open it’s easy to see the interface is in quite original style.
On default the background is represented in digital clock in light-blue, showing
the system time.
Background image, type and its size can be changed in correspondent
The supplement gives a good deal of handy abilities to review your favourite
books. In AlReader2 at reviewing a document you can easily see in status line
(in the bottom, above the icons of main menu) where you are reading, how much
you have read and other important information.
Status line – adjustable, on default it reflects the
- Battery charging
- Name of the file used
- Number of pages read in
- Number of pages read in percents
- Systemic time
Page by page or line for line modes are available – it depends on which you like
On default scrolling is performed by actions with joystick:
- Up/down for viewing previous or next pages correspondingly.
for viewing previous and next lines correspondingly.
If you are too lazy to press buttons or move stylus, use autoscrolling. It
has two modes – wave and smooth.
At smooth scrolling the text changes like captions in movie, at wave
scrolling «» a line goes up on the screen gradually changing the
Scrolling speed and line thickness at the mode of wave are adjustable. To do
this press the first line from the left and choose the option Settings then
Autoscrolling mode activation for AlReader2 is realized:
- Press the second line from the left on the bottom and choose the option
Here it would be appropriate to mention such an ability as text accentuation
with further export. These are text bookmarks due to which a reader can easily
save some important for him ideas and paragraphs.
Text file opens with similar for all applications way while accentuation is
performed in absolutely different ways.
To accentuate a text in AlReader2 you have to press left bottom icon in main
menu then go to the point Text and in the following menu press the point Text
At pressing the point Text accentuation all the text on the page is
accentuated in red. You can accentuate parts of the text to copy it into another
document using subpoint Copy it is a bit below at this submenu or use as a
At choosing subpoint Save a quotation on the screen appears the text of the
page in a small window with a vertical autoscrolling. At pressing the point Save
or Save without headline (there is no difference without them) the program
without visualizing confirmation or cancellation saves the chosen text in into
the file named $alreader_memo.1251.txt, which is in the folder under the name
AlReader2. This folder is created automatically in directory My documents.
An important point is the ability to change screen orientation.
To change the screen orientation in AlReader2, press the first right bottom at
the panel below. At every pressing the visual angle changes for 90 degrees
Once more about settings
In AlReader2 you can
adjust he text as you wish it.
Press the first bottom from the left at the panel below and choose the point
In subpoint Colour changes the colour of all the window elements up to the
battery charge indicator and clock under the text.
If you don’t like the settings of bottoms on default you can reassign them by
the following way:
- Press the first left bottom on the panel below and choose the point Settings
then go to Bottoms. If you don’t know the destination of a bottom go to Scan.
After choosing this point press the bottom you don’t know and it’ll show the
action the bottom is destined to perform.
Tap — touch the screen with a finger or stylus.
In AlReader2 there are eleven so called tap-zones on the screen. We enumerate
- Tap for electronic clock in status line
- Tap for battery charge in status line
- Tap for file name in status line
- Tap for the current page in status line
- Tap for read text percentage in status line
To set tap-zones press first left bottom at the panel below, choose the point
Settings the go to Taps.
AlReader 2 - program to read books, version 080721 for pocket PC, communicator and smartphone:
version 080721 for Windows CE (4.20
and upper) – navigators, players
like Cowon Q5 and alike: